Hiring Hebden Bridge Picture House
The Picture House, due to its size (seating 527 across the stalls (299) and balcony (228)) and location, offers an ideal space for various types of events. Hire the cinema for a private screening, as a venue for training, presentations or meetings, to hold a wedding ceremony* or other celebration, for a networking event, or as a venue for filming.
Hire includes use of the foyer, toilets and auditorium (numbers will determine whether the Balcony seating area is included within the hire), a small demountable stage (sizes range from 2 metres by 1 metres to 6 metres by 3 metres at 38 cm or 76 cm heights) where required, and use of the digital projector, cinema sound system and screen. Drinks and snacks can be bought from our kiosk – ask about packages with a price per guest. Outside catering options for food are available on request.
We have 4 wired and 2 roaming microphones, and the cinema sound system available for use (please note this is not equivalent to a full PA, and cannot cope with live music; a PA would need to be hired for music events). We have a 24 channel front of house lighting rig available for lighting the small stage / carpeted the area in front of the screen.
Our hire charges are set out below.
A: OFF-PEAK HIRE CHARGES
These charges relate to events taking place between the 1st June 2019 and March 31st 2021, occurring when the cinema would not usually be open for screenings / event cinema. These off-peak times are:
Monday to Wednesday & Friday: 9am – 7pm
Thursday: 2pm – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Sunday: 11am – 1pm
|Number of guests||1 Hour||2 Hours||3 Hours||4 Hours||9 Hours|
|0 – 50||£200||£350||£500||£650||£1,300|
• The prices given for off-peak hire are all inclusive of staff, to the appropriate staffing level, based on the number of attendees.
• Second and subsequent hours are charged at 75% of first hour’s hire fee.
• Full day rate of 9 hours charged at the cost of 8 hours.
• The non-commercial hire rate (see below) entitles to hirer to a 30% discount on these off-peak hire fees. Eligibility for the non-commercial rate must be demonstrated at the time of hire request.
Non-commercial hire rate – 30% discount on the off-peak hire rates shown above – eligibility:
1. Non-commercial hirers include amateur organisations, community groups (such as musical groups, amateur performers, youth groups), local interest groups, voluntary organisations, schools, colleges, universities, and registered charities.
2. Groups and enterprises that are not registered charities should be run on a not-for-profit basis (as evidenced by their constitution.)
3. Events organised by educational establishments must be non-commercial in nature and purpose to fall within this category.
B: PEAK TIME HIRE CHARGES
These charges relate to events taking place between the 1st June 2019 and March 31st 2021, occurring when the cinema would otherwise be open for screenings / event cinema. Please note that weekend evening bookings are accepted at the management’s discretion, due to their impact on cinema programming. Peak times are generally:
Monday to Wednesday & Friday: 7pm to midnight
Thursday: 9am to 2pm & 7pm to midnight
Saturday: 1pm to midnight
Sunday: 1pm to midnight
Monday to Thursday evenings & Thursday mornings
During fit-up and rehearsals (minimum 1 hour per day): £60 per hour
For the event (minimum 4 hours hire): £235 per hour
Minimum hire cost for the building (excluding staff): £1000 per event
Friday evenings and Saturdays / Sundays
During fit-up and rehearsals (minimum 2 hours per day): £90 per hour
For the event (minimum 4 hours hire): £350 per hour
Minimum hire cost for the building (excluding staff): £1580 per event
• All building hire charges listed above include one member of supervisory / technical staff as appropriate.
• Hebden Bridge Picture House will determine the appropriate staffing levels for each element of your hire.
• Additional staff are charged at £13.00 per hour (exclusive of VAT), which is added to the building hire fee.
• Non-commercial hirers can request a 30% discount off the building hire fee for Monday to Thursday evenings, which discount may be granted at the Manager’s discretion.
C: IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• VAT is payable on all charges: the figures shown above are exclusive of VAT.
• Hire periods must include any doors times (guest arrival time before the event starts) and get in and get out periods.
• Part hours of more than 15 minutes are charged at whole hours.
• * We can help you celebrate your wedding here, with a ceremony in front of your family and friends, but you must legally marry at the Registry Office before / after the celebration, since we do not hold a licence as a wedding venue.
• All hires are subject to the ‘Hire Charges 2019- 2021’ document with ancillary hire enquiry conditions on page 3, ‘Conditions of Hire’ document and ‘Technical Information’ document, which are available to download at the bottom of this page. Please also read the Hire Applications and Booking Process document.
In relation to hires for film screenings please note:
• If providing own on-screen content (such as a film you have made or own the exhibition rights to) this will be required in either DCP (Digital Cinema Package) or Blu Ray format and for a public screening will require either BBFC certification or Licensing Authority certification. DCP conversion is available for an additional fee.
• Films on release / still in distribution in the UK and available for cinematic exhibition and screened from Blu Ray might cost around £100 plus VAT plus Blu Ray purchase cost to hire.
• Films on release / still in distribution in the UK and available for cinematic exhibition which are screened from DCP might cost £150 plus VAT to hire (indicative cost only).
• If screening a film to the public for profit the distributors will usually require a % share of the box office, which might be in the region of 35%.
If, having looked through these documents, and ascertained the applicable hire fee you’d like to discuss the possibility of hiring the Picture House please contact the Manager, Rebekah Fozard, on 01422 847287 or*Hire Charges 2019-21 (PDF format)* *Technical and Building Information (PDF format)* *Terms & Conditions of Hire (PDF format)* *Hire Applications and Booking Process (PDF format)*